The South Perkasie Hotel was built about 1850 at the crossroads of Hagersville-Sellersville Road and Hilltown-Quakertown Road, today Main and Walnut Streets. In its early history, it was a popular stopover for Lehigh Valley merchants and farmers enroute to Philadelphia.
Several early owners were: Stephen Young, Harry Hunsburger, Leonard Crouthamel, William Johnson, and James Mickel.
E.W. Crouthamel purchased the property in 1908 and operated the business for forty years. At that time, the place was one of the best known cattle marts in the country. Throughout its long history thousands of heads of cattle, horses, and pigs were shipped and sold here. It was the birthplace of the "combination sale"; today's flea market.
In 1947 Russel Kramer purchased the property and operated the business for over 10 years. He sold the hotel to Kenderline.
In 1975 George Nacarella purchased the South Perkasie Hotel property at a backyard auction. Together, George and his son Larry, made the Perk what it is today.